Live for today, learning from yesterdays mistakes so that you don't make them tomorrow.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Investing in the implementation


Ok, so it's been a while. Admittedly, I've been postponing blogging about this particular step. It feels a bit hollow for me as I'm not actually able to implement the module with our students due to time constraints. At the same time, I've had a very interesting e-learning experience of my own in the past two weeks. First I attended a demo of a very interesting software package that will hopefully be available at our University soon (got me so excited, I've already half promised to do some research into it's educational value :0). Second, I participated in a blog linked to an academic article on e-learning in SA physiotherapy education as a peer review process. Finally, though not really an e-learning experience, per se, I was part of a presentation on PBL on main campus, where I discovered that the tool I've selected for this assignment is actually something that many other faculties could benefit from!


These experiences have brought me to a point where I'm motivated to complete the implementation (theoretically) and put an evaluation plan into action. I really need to do a lot more reading into e-learning, as I honestly think this module has allowed us to just start getting our toes wet in the sea of knowledge available on e-learning. If I have even a remote chance of real implementation, it will require investment of my time and mental resources to ensure its academic scrutiny.



No comments:

Post a Comment